Salesforce has launched Lightning, an updated version of its best-in-class business database. Lightning has a dramatic look, but it’s more than just a new user interface–Lightning includes many technical updates to speed data entry and reporting. This webinar will explore the differences between Lightning and the familiar Classic versions, to help you and your organization consider whether — or when — to migrate to Lightning.
Some key differences
- Easy to search
- Easy to create new Contacts and Accounts
- Able to create Primary Affiliations “on the fly” from within a Contact record
- No force.com menu — creating fields and editing layout must be done from Setup menu
- New page layout function gives greater control over appearance of record, but requires additional effort to update layout
- No more dashboards — when properly formatted, report charts can appear directly on the Home page